PITTSBURGH FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE EVALUATION
When you visit Turack Chiropractic for a Pittsburgh functional medicine evaluation, it’s not the same as a conventional doctor’s appointment. Dr. Dan is looking to identify and correct the root cause of your symptoms and condition. This requires a thorough and unhurried evaluation that could potentially go hours.
In addition to a physical exam, you’ll be asked many questions about your diet and lifestyle. You’ll also undergo lab testing not normally offered by your primary care physician.
Dr. Dan thinks outside the box regarding your care. He and our staff painstakingly assess findings from your physical exam, lab work, personal and family medical history to see the “big picture” regarding your health. We also attentively listen when we talk to you. Information is power. This is why the patients we can help the most with functional medicine are those highly active in their own care.
Who Benefits the Most from Functional Medicine?
We believe individuals with the following conditions are most likely to benefit from our Pittsburgh functional medicine treatments:
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Gastrointestinal Issues
- Inflammatory Bowel Conditions
- Food Sensitivities
- Hormone Imbalances
- Mood Disorders
- High Blood Pressure
- Chronic Fatigue
- Musculoskeletal Dysfunction
- Functional medicine can also be beneficial to those having issues due to side effects of certain prescription drugs or cancer treatments like radiation or chemotherapy.
What To Expect From Our Pittsburgh Functional Medicine Assessment
Dr. Dan and the team at Turack Chiropractic will look at several factors when assessing your health. These include:
- Genetic Markup – While it’s true your individual genes, DNA, and family history can make you more susceptible to certain diseases, recent studies suggest those genes are also influenced by environmental and emotional factors as well. This means modifications to these could positively influence the way genes are activated and expressed.
- Environmental Inputs – Your health is impacted by everything from the air you breathe, the food you eat, the water you drink, prescription medications you take, the amount of exercise you get, and the types of toxins you’re exposed to in your lifetime.
- Emotional Elements – Spiritual, social, and psychological factors profoundly influence one’s health. We assess your health in the context of your whole person, not just your body or physical symptoms. What’s going on with you mentally and emotionally matters to us.
Innovative laboratory technology is then used to look for underlying causes or triggers potentially impacting your body’s cellular and biological functions. This functional testing includes:
- Hormone Testing
- Food Allergy & Intolerance Testing
- Heavy Metal Toxicity Testing
- Metabolic Analysis
Expanded thyroid function testing, extensive lipid (cholesterol) testing, neurotransmitter testing, Lyme disease analysis, omega-3 fatty acid analysis, adrenal testing, and blood tests for biochemical markers for inflammation may also be recommended.
Most imbalances can be satisfactorily addressed through a combination of therapeutic diet, nutritional supplements/naturopathics, botanical medicines, detoxification programs, and lifestyle, stress-management, and exercise counseling. Many can be substantially improved if not completely restored to optimum function.
This is why we believe functional medicine is the future of patient care. Integrated care, prioritizing the patient/practitioner relationship, is integral to discovering the core systematic issue behind your symptoms and the start/progression of disease. Only then can we determine how to effectively treat what’s ailing you or reduce your risk of chronic disease.